Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hello...


So I'm a 42 year old lecturer who does a bit of radio and plays in a couple of bands. I own three knackered organs: two of these are Roland VK-09's with dodgy drawbars and outputs, the other is my pancreas.

Last April I was diagnosed with Latent Auto-immune Diabetes in Adults (LADA!) and since than I have been managing to control my blood sugar with diet and exercise. It was quite a shock when I first found out, and I had loads of questions. I discovered that several people I know had diabetes, and it was really useful to compare notes and get reassurance from them. I still don't know any fellow LADA's though, so thought that by blogging I could record my progress for anyone else who's new to the old blood sugar control lark, as well as adding to the never ending mountain of trivial dross occupying the interweb by writing about some of the rest of the stuff that happens in my ker-razy world.

Funnily enough, I did once own a LADA car. It was bloody amazing, built like a tank, steered like a boat and had the most amazing heater but the carburettor went after 6 months and that was that but it only cost £100 so you can't complain really can you?

2 comments:

I've got my eye on you! said...

Jeepers, if you don't make 6.0 next month, I fear I'll have blood on my hands! That's the last time I go for a pint with you, Simon, even if it's y-o-u-r idea. As much as your whiskered company gives me a fine reason for an Oakey ale and even if my actions spare the World another rendition of 'The Beast Must Die', I must not play God.

the oxo said...

Not only will you have blood on your hands, but it will be sticky with sugar! Fear not, for last night we were paragons of responsible drinking, even if we did allow the Polish barman to seduce us into a second pint. Thankfully I had downgraded to Pale Ale, thereby minimising the impact hopefully. Nevertheless I shall pedal to Greenwich with added fury this morning. Tally Ho!