Thursday, March 29, 2007

Keep not taking the tablets

I've had a reprieve from the not-so-formidable-really Nurse Lucy, who has agreed that I can stay off the Metformin tablets for a bit longer to see if I can keep controlling my blood sugar with diet and exercise. This will take me past the two year milestone and hopefully beyond, as I'm pretty sure the high readings I had at Xmas were a festive blip. I seem to confuse quite a few healthcare professionals as I don't fit the profile of either the overweight type 2 or the taking insulin since childhood type 1, but part of me rather enjoys being a medical anomaly.

There are probably laws against taking pictures of nurses at general practitioners so here's an entirely unrelated picture I took a couple of years ago of a Catalan donkey on a hilltop outside Barcelona.

3 comments:

David Titlow said...

nurses!

I've got my eye on you! said...

Medical anomaly or simply a type-o in the notes?

David Titlow said...

Dan and I are getting quite upset that you haven't submitted a medieval battlefield sound track yet? what's going on?