Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ho Ho Ho Tally





Returned yesterday from the annual seasonal voyage round the London/Notts/Suffolk triangle. Had Christmas lunch in a Derbyshire pub with two fellow diabetics at the table, trying to convince me that I could allow myself a dessert once a year. I held firm, dear reader, but did succumb to the siren call of the strawberries on top of the cheesecake.

The long drive down the A14 was made more entertaining by Shelly practising White Stripes and Dolly Parton tunes on her new pink ukulele. She's currently hard at work learning 'When I'm Cleaning Windows', which is actually a lot harder to play than 'Hotel Yorba'. Respect due to Mr Formby.

Met up with T-Lo in Suffolk. I was designated driver so wasn't able to join him on the Tally Ho - the highly potent Adnams brew, only served in half-pints as it's practically a liqueur. The effect it had on him was pretty impressive, so I've promised myself a return trip to the Low House to try it out myself. When someone else is driving.

1 comment:

David Titlow said...

do you mean by yourself? good to see the Tally Ho getting a double blog whammy -