Monday, July 02, 2007

Simon Rattle


Having spent the weekend lazing around rehearsal and recording studios and pubs rather than pedalling around sizeable Dutch lakes, the old blood sugar has somewhat predictably taken a bit of a hike. After registering a hefty 15.4 this morning, I decided that this might finally be the moment to hit the metformin. So I'm now popping four pills a day including the other medication, and am feeling like Johnny Cash, without the fun. Or the jail, so it's not so bad. I was told that one side effect of metformin is that it can cause weight gain because it makes you feel hungry, and right enough I've been starving all afternoon. It can't work that quick, can it? We're off to Italy for 10 days tomorrow, so if the side effects really are kicking in, I could be coming back looking decidedly Pavarotti.

11 comments:

David Titlow said...

bon voyage, bad place to visit if you're trying to avoid the old tucker!

I've got my eye on you! said...

Well, if you return like Pavarotti, you could charge more for your Crops gigs!

the oxo said...

Alas, I fear that concert admission prices are in relation to popularity rather than girth. Unlesss of course, I aim for freak-show scale proportions. Now there's an idea!

Unknown said...

Next band should be heavier. I expect you to come back looking like Dime Bag Darrel from Slayer or I shall be disapointed. Have a great trip!

David Titlow said...

lets see some italiano blogging please - you eating lots of pizzas etc

Unknown said...

c'mon simon. don't they have the internet in Italy anymore?

I've got my eye on you! said...

Come on man. Where's your blog? I want to see a blow by blow picture diary of the ballooning girth.

David Titlow said...

I had to add to the evergrowing list of comments! this will make it 8! surely a record? are you too full of pasta and cake to operate a keyboard and camera? baci DT

Unknown said...

maybe he's fucking exploded.Like Mr Creosote..

the oxo said...

Wow, 9 comments! That's truly impressive! Sorry guys, couldn't really be arsed with the whole internet cafe mullarkey, when there was tortelloni and pizza to be crammed into my mouth. Full details to follow...

I've got my eye on you! said...

11!