Saturday, December 09, 2006

Mules, Hinnies and Broccoli




Representatives of 3 of London's finest bands graced the show today. Ed from the excellent Mules played 3 solo songs and donated a copy of their album to the first listener to correctly identify a mule as the offspring of a donkey stallion (called a jack apparently) and a horse mare - the other way round produces a hinny, so he tells me. Melinda of the Bronsteins also played a trio of rather lovely solo songs and deXter Bentley's wayward adopted nephews the Xerox Teens lavished very loud and very live renditions of both sides of their new single upon the airwaves.

My Friday night, by contrast, included a rather banal visit to Tesco where I was served a young male cashier who was unable to identify all of my shopping. At one point he picked up an item and asked me what it was called. It was broccoli.

1 comment:

I've got my eye on you! said...

The fewer people that know about broccoli, the more there is for you and me!